EcoWise Sprayfoam serves residential & commercial buildings with high quality Sprayfoam insulation in Abilene, Texas & surrounding areas.
We all want your home or business to be sustainable and environmentally friendly.
There are two types of spray foam insulation to consider, open and closed cell.
Open Cell spray foam insulation is used in residential rooflines, attic floors, walls, and for soundproofing.
- Foam cells are not completely closed
- Provides air barrier
- Costs less than closed cell
- Flexible and soft
- Not a moisture barrier
- Lighter in weight
- Provides better sound barrier than closed cell
- R-Value of 3.81 per inch
- Higher R-Value than closed cell
Closed Cell spray foam insulation is used in commercial, industrial, matal buildings, pole barns, crawl spaces, and basements.
- Foam cells are completely closed
- Provides Air and Moisture barrier
- Higher Density Foam
- Not flexible and soft
- FEMA Approved flood zone insulation
- Complete air barrier at 1.5″ thick
- Increases wall strength and adds to structural integrity of building.
- R-Value of 7.0 per inch
- More expensive
- Hard and durable
EcoWise got the job done right, and in a timely manner. I don’t fully understand all the scientifics of installing spray foam insulation in my home, but I am sure of one thing. My previous home was half the size of my new one and my energy bill was much higher than my current energy bill. My new Crosswise custom home is double the size and my energy bill has been consistently lower by a huge margin. The attic is a comfortable temperature year around! I would highly recommend investing in spray foam insulation in your custom home.